Thursday, April 3, 2014

Dubuque, IA

After a day in Galena, we spent the night in Dubuque (cheaper). Someday we'll come back and stay in an adorable Bed and Breakfast, until then, it's Priceline negotiator for us.

 This is downtown Dubuque. Brick everywherrre and life is good.

One of my friends, Kellie, told me about this. A guy lived on a bluff overlooking downtown and sick of his commute, he built a tiny railroad/elevator  down the bluff. God bless quirky people.

The following two houses were right next to each other. When we were coming into town, I saw the towers peeking above the other buildings so I pointed and said, "There." So gorgeous and clearly in need of my tender loving care.

Can I move into this sun room?

Still mastering the photos in the glass.

But the important thing is that my pinky is up.

We fueled up on frites in Galena before going skiing in the afternoon. Skiing in the midwest, right?


All in all, a lovely little overnight, 2-day trip.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely little town. I am an absolute sucker for old buildings and houses and these look like they are full of charm. I'm glad that you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love your photos in the glass. I have a wayward pinky too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just found your blog & it is darling!
    it's so neat you've been working on it since 2008.
    also, i live in iowa and i think these photos capture dubuque perfectly!

    ReplyDelete