Monday, March 31, 2014

Here comes the sun


Ahh, yesterday. The weather was warm and sunny (and windy, because it is Iowa after all) and I was feeling footloose and fancy free. Iowa winters are rough on this Arizona girl. I’m already cringing and cowering thinking about the NEXT winter even though the current winter hasn’t left town yet. I certainly feel tougher after surviving nearly two but more than ever, I understand that I’m a sunshine kind of girl. Which, yesterday. I didn’t wear my winter coat the entire day. I frolicked in an aisle of ranunculus and brought two little ladies home with me. Jason fired up the grill for the first time this season and it felt momentous. We sat OUTSIDE on our patio and enjoyed burgers with this slaw on top (heavy on cilantro) with a side of sweet potatoes and Vitamin D. I felt like a princess.


5 comments:

  1. Need some sliced jalepenos on those burgers grill meister Lunt! Also a grilling apron with grilling tools included.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Wish I had a backyard like that and a grill, that meat looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were thrilled to get a backyard even though it's dead and brown in winter and a crazy jungle in the summer. :)

      Delete
  3. Your dinner sounds SO good- it has me hungry!! And I love your little potted plants. I am beyond ready for spring and warmer weather. Here's to more days like this one in the future!

    ReplyDelete