Saturday, March 1, 2014

El Salvador

I've been back in the US almost a week after a trip to El Salvador with my church. It was a lot of firsts for me: first international flight, first time being in Central America, first missions trip, first time mixing cement and laying brick, first time working with a translator, first time falling in love with a community so quickly.

I have a jumble of words about the experience in my head that I'm still sorting out but until then, I want to share some photos of the faces I can't stop thinking about. Definitely left a piece of my heart in Anemona.








5 comments:

  1. amazing pictures Emily! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful faces these are. Glad you got to go & serve- looking forward to hearing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love.love.love. I am so glad you were able to go and meet everyone. :) I definitely left a piece of my heart there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!! Always love "running into" fellow arizonians. What an amazing experience!! I would love to go do something like this someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comment. These pictures are gorgeous! El Salvador is so special to me. I love seeing where my dad was raised and to know I'll always be connected to another country besides America. When other people love El Salvador it makes me feel proud ;) I loved growing up visiting there every year. Beautiful pictures!! Makes me miss all the little kids. xo

    ReplyDelete