Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pit stop on I-80

I'm nearly finished with my 2013 photo book which is exciting considering I finished my 2012 book just two months ago. There's something very satisfying about having photos printed, something concrete that I can hold between my fingers after staring at them on a screen for so long. I hoping to make this a yearly tradition and when I'm thumbing through the pages I can't help but dream about sharing these books with our kids someday (and perhaps even our grandkids?!). 

When creating these photo books, I am forced to go through all my photos and organize them. This photo was slipped in my June folder and I had completely forgotten I'd taken it. We were returning from a trip to Omaha and had briefly pulled over on the side of the road. It generally works like this, Jason checks the tires or the oil and I take pictures (for more evidence, see my last post). I'm glad because this is now one of my favorite photos I took in 2013. Iowa in a nutshell.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea! And seriously, your kids are going to looove looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so simple and pretty there! Getting photos printed is always so great, which I certainly don't do enough of.

    ReplyDelete