Monday, October 28, 2013

A long-awaited window


 I posted almost two years ago about my budding collection of colored glasses and how they remind me of my grandma's home (excuse the crazy yellowy photo, my apartment was like a dungeon).

We moved into a new house (a 1920's bungalow) in July and it's been the perfect fit. It's a materialist thing, albeit, but my home is a place that I want to be happy in and to have finally found a home that reflects us is momentous.

One of my favorites parts of the house is the big window in the dining room. The window my colored bottle collection has been waiting for.



I'm about 6% on my way to my dream window. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I love it :) and I completely agree about having a cozy, cute home. It makes being home just that much more pleasant. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a dreamy window. seeing that everyday would make me happy, too! i'm glad i found your blog, and thanks for your sweet comment on mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I love this!! And having a home you love is huge -- I couldn't agree more! Especially when you fill it with things that remind you of the people you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this! i wish we could do something like this... but we will have to wait until our dog is trained to stop jumping on the windowsills all the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, my grandma has a window of glassware too! what a lovely reminder; it's just beautiful! so glad to read your latest posts. they are honest and welcomed. :)

    ReplyDelete