Saturday, February 23, 2013

A winter Saturday

You hear that Arizona? It's still winter here and I'm feeling a little cooped up while you all seem to be posting pictures in your swimsuits beaming into the abundant rays of sunshine.

Ah well. It's been a quiet Saturday, just how I like it. Getting things done, relaxing. Pondering some big decisions, and praying praying praying.

I got a new lens, FINALLY. And so I take a multitude of boring pictures as I try to get the hang of things. Someday (soon please?!) I will get the hang of shooting in manual. It's a sloooowww process.


Can we talk for one moment - just one! - about how my kitten can hardly be called a kitten anymore?! They grow up much too fast folks. When I was baking today, he chased dust in the kitchen for an entire hour. He raced from one side of the room to the other, jumped, leaped, and raced some more. I really hope my future kids can entertain themselves this well.

Jason as always has been studying. I call this outfit business on top, party on bottom.

I made cookies for a friend as well as a kind neighbor. It feels good to bake but then get rid of them!

Tonight Jason's school is having a fancy gala where the teachers are known to get a lil tipsy. Awwkward. But if I get to see my lover in a suit, it's all worth it!

And finally, a little song that seems to be our theme song here in Iowa.



Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. I'll trade you a few Arizona weather days if I can have a cat...? I want an orange one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving your pictures! They're not boring at all. :) It looks like a perfect Saturday... although it would be much better if it were warm. It's still so cold here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I love the picture of the cat. And those cookies look a-m-a-z-i-n-g! :)

    This is a really neat blog. I look forward to reading more. If you're interested, please stop by and say hello at my blog www.projectpaperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete