Monday, August 13, 2012

Oh Chicago

We made a quick trip to Chicago at the beginning of August. It was a nice little getaway before Jason starts school. The energy in Chicago was just crazy. So much of so much. Unfortunately, the weather was not on our side, so we tracked through the city on foot in high humidity and high heat. Next time we meet Chicago, it will be fall/march when the weather is magical and hopefully some Arizona friends can join!


We started out at the Chicago Art Institute. It was truly wonderful and inspiring and everything an art museum should be. I'm trying not to post too many pictures of art because it's never as exciting as it is in real life, but I can't resist sharing some.

Sometimes you don't realize how big these paintings until you see them in real life. Goodness I loved this one.

Monet's Haystacks.

Jackson Pollock! Jason: "I don't get it"

And one of the highlights, the Roy Lichtenstein special exhibit.




Did anyone else play the board game Masterpiece growing up? That game was my first art history education as a child. Mmm hmm.


Afterwards we headed to Potbelly's sandwich shop (on the recommendation of a former coworker and former Chicago native Valerie). It was delish! And had live entertainment (see the lady behind Jason - she was playing the guitar and singing).

Of course I have more pictures. Of course they're coming soon.

5 comments:

  1. Aww great shots of your trip, you're making me want to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the windy city. And art museums. Oh, man, I'm aching to go to a good art museum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAH I love these pics, especially of the RL exhibit! I've always wanted to visit Chicago. :) Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yeah! Chicago!!! So glad you had a great time. The art museum and the bean were definitely some of my favorites too.

    Did you pig out while you were there? There is soooo much good food. I felt like we ate non-stop... lol. Even the hot dogs are fine cuisine there. :)

    I know about the heat... ick. It was over 100 degrees nearly everyday when we went. Glad you braved the heat and had a good time anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I would love to see that art. There are definitely some good ones there.

    ReplyDelete