Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hodg podg

A few random photos and thoughts. Which may be mostly about my cat. I'm not sorry.

Isn't there just something about a cat in a window?

I've been eating pretty salads.

And taking pictures of my cat looking into my soul.

Lars likes to be held. He may be the first cat I've had that likes to be held. And of course I melt every time. Bonus: cat holding and husband.

When my parents were in town, we went to the Saylorville Lake visitor center. It rained on us the whole time. Our routine is predictable: Jason kindly holds umbrella, I take blurry pictures.


Has anyone else been following along with Ashley's adoption journey on her Under the Sycamore blog? Her post where her new daughter is united with her family made me weep. I can't say a blog has ever done that but what an amazing story. It is a reminder of how powerful blogging can be and how beautiful life can be.

Also, a blog post written directly to me with cute picture of my nephew?!? So much happiness. 

13 comments:

  1. I totally read that and cried like a day. she's so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I've been following Ashley! I cried when reading her last post. So precious!

    Your cat has some crazy awesome eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rain shot. Simply beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat is adorable. I love his eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cat is so cute!! Love the eyes :) My dogs also LOVE sitting in the window, I call it their "tv"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty kitty! No shame in a good cat picture. :) My fur baby would ride around in my arms all day if he weren't so fat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh your cat is beautiful, and I love that he likes to be held.

    Also, that salad looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your cat's eyes! So pretty. I've never had a cat, only a crazy beagle. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can has heterochromia! It's rare. Some celebrities have it. I would tell you an example if I could remember anything about heterochromia. I have central heterochromia...the centers of my eyes are a different color (brown) than the rest (green). Basically it's a splotch of brown in the middle of green. I know you wanted to know. I felt like I should share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I refuse to delete my comment and fix my typo, but i am DYING that i meant to say "your cat has heterochromia" and instead i sound like a deranged creature. YOU CAN HAS IT.

      Delete
    2. This was the perfect typo! Perfect. Also, my cat wants to know if you two can be friends. Heterochromia friends for life, in fact.

      Delete
  10. I'd never heard of her blog until now! Thank you! I love it. She is awesome. Also, any picture with a cat in it is a good picture. It'll never disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that salad looks so beautiful and yummy! i am not such a fan of vinegar...it smells funny in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete