Monday, July 9, 2012

Friends becoming mothers

It was a complete delight when I discovered two of my bridesmaids were pregnant with their first babies, due within days of each other in May. What are the odds of that happening?



Molli was on bed rest, and her little one seemed to be wanting to make an early appearance. It was funny then when Amy delivered on her exact due date in April, and then Molli followed in May, a week overdue.

I've been able to see both friends now and they made some really beautiful babies. I'm so proud of them and the mothers they have become. Both little girls are utterly blessed to have such wonderful women as mothers. These women that I knew when I was still a child, now have children of their own. And they're both so natural with it! Can I please get those same instincts when it's my turn?

We just had a shower for Molli. Isn't Harper precious? Love, love those cheeks.

Molli's sister was nice enough to let me help decorate. It was so fun! (Megan was the brains behind that baby cantaloupe, and yes, her son was distressed to see the cantaloupe with his binky)

It's really so sad when your best friend lives in a different state, but the times together are treasured.

I just love these Larson girls. They are like family and some of the nicest people I know.

Last month, I got to go to Amy's shower in Thatcher and meet Abigail. She's an angel baby and a dream to hold.

Gahh! Kills me.



Amy and her family lives in Ohio, and we excited to move closer to them. Fingers crossed for a Chicago trip together!

6 comments:

  1. oh gosh, it is crazy seeing childhood friends have babies. what miracles, and what gorgeous baby girls! i'm sure those same instincts will come to you as well :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness both those babies are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby shower! The decorations are fun. It's always exciting seeing your friends have babies. Hope you'll get to have a Chicago trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I always wondered how I would feel when my friends became Mothers...old? excited? Mostly I just feel blessed to have more life stages to live together, it's so FUN. Enjoy your new "family" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding pics are crazy beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that first picture....with the yellow shoes...that is perfection.

    ReplyDelete