Sunday, July 29, 2012

Exploring the city

The best thing about moving is getting to explore.We went yard saling this weekend and I was astonished by this house. Covered completely in ivy. I like to think we were in Europe during that moment we admired it.

We went downtown to the farmer's market. Did I mention that downtown is just minutes away? It's great. The courthouse oversees all of the hustle and bustle below.

And I'm serious when I say hustle and bustle. Pictures simply could not capture how busy it was. So many people everywhere! I didn't even know Des Moines had this many people! Makes me smile that a farmer's market could draw so many people. Shop local, my friends!

With that being said, if we do go again, we would really need to go earlier. The crowds made it so difficult to get around and shopping was rather difficult. It was the first time I went to a farmer's market with a shopping list, and it was kind of overwhelming. I didn't get everything on my list, but I was just trying to get what we could find.

Our lunch was from a Bulgarian food stand (I think??). I didn't understand much of what we ate, but it was good!





Say it with me now, put a bird on it.

We then drove down to the capital to get a few pictures. The capital is quite gaudy for the midwest, eh?




Des Moine's tallest building.

And finally, the view at the top of our street. Someday maybe I'll stop saying this: "So much green!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... I want to live in a neat city like this! So many fun places to explore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these photos.
    you're hair is beautiful.

    so fun!

    -h.

    ReplyDelete