Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday surprise

I bought a quaint little green skirt at a yard sale on Friday. I didn't even try it on, I just heard $1 and I was sold. I took it home and tried it on. It's too big around the waist but I may be able to alter it.

This morning, I tried it on again when I was trying to figure out what to wear to church. All was fine...

until suddenly I felt something between my legs. Something that shouldn't be there if I'm wearing a skirt.

That is a SEAM, ladies and gentlemen. It was quite the shock to me. It's like when you think you know someone, but you really don't know them at all. Well done, extremely wide-legged poofy shorts. Well done.

And some other random photos. Apparently someone else in the family is a Mac lover. (This is what I get for leaving my computer unattended)

I noticed today that this couch (which is quite comfy but rather ugly otherwise) officially has saggy boobs. I really can never look at it the same again.

I bought this pretty pillow on sale at Target. And now I feel like a lady.

Aaaand, because estate sales always get me into trouble.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Tomorrow is my pumpkin's birthday and the next day our anniversary! Celebration time indeed.

8 comments:

  1. I did the same thing once at a thrift store! I was so pleased with how nice the "skirt" fell, I laughed for a good 5 minutes when I realized...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Lars on your computer is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! That is awesome! :) It almost makes the "skirt" even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything about this is my favorite. your skirts/pants surprise (skants?), your yellow pillow, the cat on the macbook....i think i do that with my macbook sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha this post made me laugh out loud. I love the shorts/skirt anyways! You can't even tell they're pants (or whatever you might call them). And your cat is adorable! Happy anniversary :)

    p.s. LOVE the green velvet cushions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually started giggling out loud when I saw the skort. I have had that moment before in the changing room before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not the SEAM! Haha hilarious. I would have done the very same thing. But hey, gaucho pants were very "in" early 2000's, so like... vintage, right?

    ReplyDelete