Saturday, May 26, 2012

Announcements

Now that the majority of our graduation announcements are out, I figured I could share them here. They didn't photograph as nicely as I had hoped, but oh well. Oh yeah, and usually invitations are sent out before graduation. But who counting those three weeks that have passed since graduation, right?



You probably can't make it out but the bottom shares the latest news in our life.


We're moving to Des Moines, Iowa in July!


Jason will be starting med school there in August. I'm ridiculously proud of him! It has been so much work to get to this point, and we've really been blessed in the process. It makes me happy to see how anxious he is for this next stage. Most people are intimidated by the years and years that lie ahead, but Jason is as ready as ever.

There's so many thoughts swirling around in my head about the move. Where does one even begin when making such huge changes? I'm excited for the new opportunities, but an ache is building in my heart about moving and leaving the life we've built here. It's always scary to leave what we know to go to something we don't know.

I can't say it's been the easiest process and God has been teaching me a lot through this journey. I have felt a little helpless as so much depended on Jason and which schools accepted him. I like to feel like I have control of my life and the future in front of me. I say feel, because it's rather foolish of me to think I'm the one in control. God has used this as a reminder that I have to surrender my own will and desires so that he can work in my life. If I could have chosen, Des Moines would probably not have been it, but it's clear that God has plans for us there. It sounds so simple and clear, but it's so much harder to live it out.

I'm still grappling with all of this, but God is in control.

Iowa, like it or not, here we come!

5 comments:

  1. Yay for raduatin!! My keys dont work on my computer so bear wit me. AA!! So ow lon do we ave to wait until we can come visit you out tere?

    Were you able to read it? :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved your announcement!! We also know exactly how you feel..Chicago was our last choice but we are so glad that the Lord is in control because we now know this is where we are supposed to be! We know you'll be taken care of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the announcements turned out great!! and congrats on your next big adventure in iowa! you will have so much fun!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful designer! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete