Sunday, April 8, 2012

Ticking away

School is so close to being done! Honestly still in shock and probably will be for months after graduation.

As with all finals, school and work has kept me very busy and, needless to say, frazzled. So when I went on the porch yesterday and found these blossoms, it was such a sweet and simple reminder.


There is still beauty in the midst of the chaos.

I started this basil plants from seeds, so it's like my child learning to ride a bike for the first time. If you know anything about me and plants, I can never keep anything alive and to be completely honest, half of this plant really does look dead. Each time I go outside to water it, I cringe and expect to see more dead leaves. When I found the blossoms instead, I gasped audibly. This basil guy, he's a survivor.

I'm so, so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment