Thursday, April 19, 2012

Finals haze

Basically, I haven't been sleeping much because it's the final rush to finish everything for grades, our senior show, graduation, you get the idea. I'm feel like I'm walking around in a haze but I'm almost used to it now. Not that I wouldn't mind taking a week off to sleep straight through it.

Thankfully this frazzled state isn't all bad. Last night, I couldn't stay awake any longer so I decided to sleep a few hours. Jason came to bed after I had fallen asleep, and apparently when he came into our bedroom, I told him, "Don't touch the attic. It's a secret!" Jason graciously texted my quote to me so I could remember it in the morning.

It's only fair that Jason was able to witness that as I have many stories of him talking in his sleep. Recently, I was getting ready in the morning and he told me, "Don't worry, I'll get you a boat." Apparently I was trying to swim across a lake and he knew I couldn't make it.

Also with finals comes junk food mania. Poor, poor decisions have been made, including two ice cream bars today already (one happened around 6 this morning and it didn't even taste like shame).

Speaking of ice cream bars, I walked by Jason last night as he was doing some reading for school. He wasn't wearing a shirt and I noticed his belly button was shiny. When I asked him why, he laughed and said, "Melted chocolate!" Yes, his belly button was holding a miniature pool of chocolate from his ice cream bar and he had no idea.

I just can't even make this stuff up.

2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard at this whole post. You are so rad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jason need to have a reality show. I'd totally watch it!

    Also, your "Don't touch the attic. It's a secret!" quote totally reminded me of the Magic Attic Club! Do you remember that?? I may or may not still have my magic key-to-the-attic necklace... that's not embarrassing, right?

    ReplyDelete