Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daydreaming behind my desk

The weather is so perfect today. It's begging me to sit under a tree and read a book for hours, have a picnic at the park, and go for a casual walk around the neighborhood. When was the last time I had enough free time to any of those things? Depressing. It's probably better that my office doesn't have windows because I don't know if I could handle it today.

I love the season changes and it's upsetting when I can't fully enjoy them because school is all-consuming. Fall is such a fun season and I'm a big fan of PUMPKIN everything! I hope to cook a lot this season, so here's my fun fall recipe list: (yes I know it's long and excessive but maybe just maybe I'll update this when I check them off)

Breakfast

Pumpkin Pancakes

Breakfast Apple Granola Crisp

Pumpkin Muffins

Apple and Cheddar Scones


Main Dishes & Soups

Pumpkin and Sausage Soup

Fettuccine with Sausage & Kale

Black Bean Pumpkin Soup

Roasted Eggplant Soup

Tuscan Kale Soup with Chorizo


Sides

Butternut Squash & Chickpea Salad

Swiss Chard & Sweet Potato Gratin

Balsamic Braised Brussels with Pancetta


Desserts
Pumpkin Bread

Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pie

Snickerdoodles done

Apple Pie

Yummmmm! I can't wait. In the meantime, I'll be listening to this. A lot. I couldn't help it, I've officially fallen under the spell of Adele.



She is glorious.

1 comment:

  1. Your list of yummy fall food is making me hungry! Oh and we have fallen under the Adele spell too..just bought her cd. Love it!

    ReplyDelete