Friday, October 14, 2011

Bow ties & popcicles

Remember when I had that bad day? I can happily say now that all of those critiques helped me push myself and come up with a better project. This is what came of it:



It's a window display for J.Crew's kid store, crewcuts. I had fun making about 50 or so fabric miniature bow ties. Too bad there were another 150 to make. Ah well, after a week of late nights and early mornings, I finally had a completed model. I said a prayer of gratitude that I am not an architect where I am expected to build models like this all the time.

In celebration of finishing our projects, one of my classmates Allison and I went to this awesome little place on Mill called Paletas Betty. My friend Julie first introduced me to paletas in high school and I have been in love ever since. The restaurant is pretty small but clean and quaint.


We were so low on sleep we were kind of pathetic. Allison pulled an all-nighter, but thankfully she still wanted paletas before she went into hibernation.


Allison's had pecans.


Mine was orange cream.


We also got hot chocolate paletas samples. All of it was so good. So, so good. Do me a favor and go there if you're in the area, you won't regret it.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE that window display! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this place on Mill! Guess we'll add that to our list of things we need to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS!!! That window display is the cutest thing I've ever seen! Seriously Em, you are amazing...

    ReplyDelete