Friday, July 29, 2011

7th hour parties, felix felicis, and Globe

During my senior year of high school, I had 7th hour free along with my friends Katie and Julie. That time was spent talking too long in the parking lot, building our Harry Potter trivia knowledge with Harry Potter SceneIt, trips up the mountain, and playing n64 at Katie's house. It is some of my fondest memories of high school!

Here's some nostalgic pictures of our adventures back in the day.






We had a felix felicis handshake in honor of our love of HP. Totally weird! But awesome.

Katie is now in Globe, which is conveniently close to Tempe. Julie and I made the journey there yesterday to visit Katie and her precious little son, Jeter. Jeter is such a good baby and sooooooo ridiculously cute. It's crazy to see a friend who I've known for years now in her new role as a mother. Motherhood really looks good on you, Katie my dear.

For lunch, we went to the place with THE BEST PIZZA IN TOWN. PERIOD. Or at least it was according to one of those reviews online. Jury's still out considering it's the only pizza I've tried in Globe.


Seriously? Adorable.


This picture kills me! Katie has a BABY! Isn't she glowing!


After lunch we walked around downtown Globe.








It even monsooned on us! Is that a real verb? I don't know but I just made it one.






Jeter really liked his feet.


All grown up. Or at least pretending to be.


The best thing about old friends is that we don't have to do anything when we're together... we can just talk and be girly and laugh together.

Some of my favorite lines of the day:
Julie: "She has genital diabetes" (gestational diabetes)

As we're watching the video of a storm that wrecked Katie and Kameron's boat (Julie had missed the part about the boat wrecking)
Julie: "The lake is so nice!"
Katie: "I was bawling."
Julie: "Because it was so beautiful?"
Katie: "No, because our boat wrecked."

And there may or may not have been a felix felicis handshake.....

When we were leaving, we noticed that my fingernails were exactly the same color as Katie's house! Brilliant!


Thanks SO much for having us Katie! I can't wait to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Youre too cute emily. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fun! Can you email me or FB those pictures? They are adorable!! It seriously was so fun to have you guys, come again!!!!

    ReplyDelete