Saturday, May 14, 2011

Obligatory finals post

I'm done for the summer!

Well, done with school that is. It's a relief because finals is always so draining. This year was officially the worst. The last week was possibly the most stressful in history.

The pain of is already fading but I certainly haven't forgotten sitting at my printer at 6 AM on Thursday sobbing and thinking I really couldn't do it. We had to make a program book with all our previous projects. Mine was 192 pages and took 4 hours to print the whole thing. I printed one, folded each page in half to make signatures (sections of a book), and then messed it up when cutting it (embarrassing) at around 2 AM. I printed the next one and at 6 realized I had made an error and printed the wrong order of pages (double embarrassing). Cue alarmed husband trying to comfort his distraught wife, crumpled in front of the printer. Thus is my glamorous life.

I wasted a lot of paper, ink, and time, but I finally got two books mostly finished (we had to make two, one to keep and one to give to our teachers) as well as my portfolio. There is so much that goes into putting the whole portfolio together and I seriously lived in front of my printer for three straight days. I was a tired mother tending a newborn that never slept. Remember how I said I pulled my first all-nighter? Make that multiples all-nighters in one week.

Mostly, I write about this just because I don't want to forget how hard I worked. And more importantly, how much God provides for me during finals. Things may not happen in my time, but God always brings me through the storm and I'm so grateful for his steadfastness. I really couldn't do this without him.

Here's my load of stuff before I left for my review. The wood box is my portfolio. That box would not be here without my amazing mother and husband! It is more than I dreamed of and I truly love it.



I treated myself to a post-semester shopping spree. Well, I only got one shirt, but a spree sounds more fun. I can't wait to wear this quaint blouse at my internship when I pretend to be a big girl.



Finally, thanks to extra scholarship money, here's to hoping this is in my near future!

I finally took my 10,000th picture! I will share more on that soon.

My dad called me when I finished my review and asked how it feels to FINALLY be a senior. It feels pretty darn good, my friends.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I love living the glamorous life of going to design school through you. I looove the shirt! And I hope you get the camera! It is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS for sharing! I want to know the struggles and the joys of school, life and godliness. I love you friend...enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete