Saturday, March 5, 2011

Silence broken by your voice in the dark


I saw a crochet pillow yesterday so of course I had to go on etsy and look at crochet pillows. This one I found is lovely.

Of course I'm procrastinating this Saturday morning. I have two interviews this upcoming week for a potential internship.

This morning I was panicked before I even woke up. Seriously, I have worry dreams where basically all that happens are anxious thoughts roll around and around in my head... I wasn't in a deep sleep, so it's more of an in-between-sleeping-and-being-awake dream. The worst part is I can't even control it until I wake up more fully.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. Excited that I'm being considered. Excited that I'm one step closer to finding an internship. Excited to meet new creatives in the community.

But, every time I'm faced with something new like this, I get so fearful. I doubt myself. I doubt my abilities. I doubt that anyone could ever like me. Maybe I'm revealing too much, but I want to be honest on here. One of my resolutions this year was to stop living with so much fear. I have a feeling this will be my resolution for years to come.

This Mae captures my feelings so well right now. How I love the magic that music holds.

Mae - The Ocean

Am I alone in this?
Never a night where I can sleep myself 'til day.
We must try to figure it out, figure it out.
It won't be that easy.
We lost it somehow.

You come over unannounced.
Silence broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight,
Just like the ocean needs the waves.

Oh, the night becomes the space that's somewhere in between
What I feel and what I'm told.
Sitting on the shoreline trying to figure it out, figure it out.
To find out the meaning
And reach it somehow.

You come over unannounced.
Silence broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight,
Just like the ocean needs the waves.

Fall around me now,
Like, stars that shine and brighten the way.
I need you here tonight,
Just like this night it needs the rain.

The season has changed.
The wind, it blows colder now.
The clouds are raised,
The rain it falls harder now, all around.

You come over unannounced.
Silence broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight,
Just like the ocean needs the waves.
Fall around me now.
Like stars that shine and brighten the way.
I need you here tonight,
Just like this night it needs the rain.

(You come)Over unannounced,(Will you come over)
Silence broken by your voice in the dark.
I need you here tonight,
Just like the ocean needs the waves.
Just like the stars that fall around me now.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, you are amazing! You can do it! Try to enjoy the excitement of it all. Love you!

    ReplyDelete