Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh what I wouldn't do If I had you, babe, I had you

This Valentine's post is late, but it's here.



Three years ago, a group of my friends went to WalMart on Valentine's Day. I don't remember the reason, but I do remember that somehow my friend Julie and I convinced a boy to buy us Valentine's presents while we were there.

This boy went searching for the perfect gifts while we waited to be surprised.

He gave Julie some cheap red necklaces that must have been for children because she could only wear them on her wrist.

He got me a trio of journal keychains. He said I could write all of the sarcastic things I said to him in the journals.

I feel it was this point my heart began to soften towards this boy. He was thoughtful. And he actually liked my sarcasm?

Three years later, this boy is my husband. I only have one journal left, and it has been mangled. I'm pretty sure Lyndee's niece was the one to tear off the chain, so it's no longer a keychain. There are only a few entries in this journal, but I'm fairly certain I could have filled a hundred journals by now with all my sarcastic comments. Comments that a boy liked enough to marry me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. What a classy object to hold such a memory. :) You two are awesome.

    ReplyDelete