Monday, February 21, 2011

My pussy cat, my trampoline

Life has been busy. This semester is rough, with classes as well as two jobs.

As much as I enjoy my design job, I think it's what puts me over the edge. I make my own schedule, which is nice, but that also means I work during my free time. I'm used to feeling guilty if I'm not do doing school work (and yes, this means I feel some guilt when doing things like going grocery shopping and cooking dinner. And blogging. And showering. I know, I know.). What I'm not used to is feeling guilty when I'm not working on design job projects. Guilt of school work + guilt of design job work = nearly constant anxiety.

It makes me sad to see that written out. Sometimes it doesn't really hit me until I have to spell it out. I hate to see myself with so much anxiety. This is where I need to start praying through some Psalms. David has a beautiful way of expressing his fears, doubts, sadness, and rage, and then bringing it back and saying, but you are God, and I will trust you.

One thing that makes me happy when I'm stressed out is this video.



Jason recorded it at the fun. concert at ASU the other weekend. They were so, so good.

Warning, there is a cuss word in the middle of the video. But it leads to my favorite part of the video because you can hear Kellie laughing after Nate sings it.

Some pictures I took at the concert:

My friend Molli. One of the prettiest girls I know.

The concert was on the SRC field. Thus the color of my feet.

Oh yeah, and remember how I'm trying to get to 10,000 pictures on my camera?

I only have 800 left. Here's 9200.

A blurry picture of the north design building. My coworker and I are basically playing interior designers... it should be interesting!

3 comments:

  1. That concert was wonderful on multiple levels. I think it was a necessary stress reliever for all of us! Good memories: this post made me happy. And I love that picture of us, because you know that you're the prettiest girl that I know! What a coincidence! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I had a good laugh when I saw the picture of your dusty feet. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING, let your request be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

    Encouragement from Christ himself - he wants you to prayer your anxieties away and he already knows you have them...Love you Emily
    - Amy Pope

    ReplyDelete