Thursday, February 17, 2011

Manners of the French

I had to google the spelling of the phrase I'm going to use in my blog.

Faux pas. I'm so glad I know how to spell that now. I feel so French. Isn't it great that they can claim the orgin of this phrase? As though they were the first to call people out for bad manners.

So.
I have a confession/request for help. A requestion?

Okay.
Is it socially acceptable if I buy the same shoes* as one of my classmates? Or is it a fashion faux pas?
Think back to high school (if you went to a small school, that is) because that's what my school is like - we see everyone in our class every week day (and sadly many weekend days as well).

Oh yeah, and the shoes aren't even really my style. But my style is lame and I'm trying to take more risks. And I love the shoes.

Oh yeah, and they cost more than I ever spend on shoes. (I am a cheapy though, but still)

I love them.



Should I buy them and only wear them on days I don't go to school? Should I buy them and just wear them whenever the heck I want?
Oh should I not buy them?
If you think about answering the last one, remember that I love them.

I'm going to go try them on. Which could be a big deciding factor. But if anyone has any opinions, I would love to hear them.
As long as you don't judge me if I do indeed commit the heinous faux pas, offend the French, spend too much money, and buy them anyway.

*The shoes I found may not be the exact brand of shoes my classmate has. But I have a sneaking suspicion it is.

P.S. I just did a spell check and blogger thought I spell faux wrong. I'm pretty sure the French would call blogger out on this faux pas of faux spelling.

Edited to add: P.P.S. I showed the Jason the shoes. He didn't believe that they're women's shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Do you personally know this girl? If not, I say GOPHER it! And then just pretend like you had them first. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I definitely personally know her... but I like your idea. :)

    ReplyDelete