Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A winter bookworm

One of my favorite things about Christmas break is the time I get to read. It's pretty much a guarantee I will be gifted with books and I revel in the time I can spend with my nose stuck in a book.

One such book I was received from my uncle was the Book Thief.


I loved this book. I think it speaks volumes when I feel as though I'm saying goodbye to old friends when I finish the book, and it was certainly the case with The Book Thief. I even had dreams about being bombed (the book is set in Germany during WWII). The characters are just simply wonderful though and I love them all. The end, although hinted at throughout the book, still came abruptly and had me sobbing. Jason was sitting next to me when I finished and was rather alarmed. This is book that will stay with me for a long time, and one I hope I can pass on to my children.

This book is next on my itinerary:



I haven't started it yet but I've heard so many good things about it.

The actual book is so charming, I just know I'm going to love it.



1 comment:

  1. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn is one of my all time favorite books and I have that exact copy. We're soul mates sweet pea.

    ReplyDelete