Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feta Cheese Turkey Burgers

I've been loving Greek food lately, so this week I'm trying two different Greek-style recipes.

The first:

Feta Cheese Turkey Burgers


I couldn't decide if this picture makes the burgers look appetizing or unappealing, and I'm pretty sure it's the latter, but what the hey. Note that we used a skillet... we were to lazy to start up one of our apartment complex charcoal grills.

Ingredients

* 1 pound ground turkey
* 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
* 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* ground black pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat the grill (or, ahem, stove) for medium high heat.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, feta cheese, olives, oregano, and pepper. Mix together, and form into patties.
3. Lightly oil the grate. Place patties on the grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning halfway through.

I also sprinkled some garlic powder into the mix. Some people who made this recipe didn't have kalamata olives so they used regular black olives. I like to be authentic so I went big and got the kalamata - so worth it!

This recipe was so very tasty. I'm in love, and it's ridiculously simple and easy! Who doesn't want cheese in their burger?! It's only nine in the morning and I'm already craving another one.

Recipe from my bff, allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment