Friday, November 19, 2010

The Very Hungry Caterpillar



One of my latest purchases. I could not be more excited as this was one of my favorite books growing up. Jason scoffed at me, but I forged ahead and now it is mine. When I got it in the mail (thank you amazon) we cuddled on the couch and I read it to him. There's something so wonderfully simple and charming about children's books and I'm head over heels in love.

In related book news, I finally finally finally read Mockingjay. It was a long time coming. School kept me too busy, but one night I just said screw it and plunged headfirst into the book. I finished at 2:30 in the morning, weeping. I can't even quite pin down why I cried so much. Partly that it was the last book, partly that I felt so deeply for Katniss, partly at how terrible the world she lived in was. Some books seem to manufacture tears, as though in between the lines it says, "and, cue crying." Not so with Mockingjay. It was more just the weight of what was happening that took such a toll on my emotions. I'm not completely satisfied with the book, but that's another post for another day.

1 comment: