Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lucky ducky

I truly have some of the nicest teachers around.

Here's an email reply I received today.

Hi Emily,

You made my day!
Wonderful and beautiful work.

I fully understand your concerns and I agree with your grouping and correlating.

I believe we are at a place where we can take a calculated risk and lay the entire data sets into visual sets.
Please remember to work with multiple layers.
That will allow us the freedom to make corrections easily.

I look forward to next iterations!

Take care and enjoy the long weekend.
:)
M.

On another note. I picked up my first roll of developed pictures from my Holga. I wasn't expecting much, which was a good thing. All of the pictures were pretty blurry, and I still have a lot to learn. Here's some of the better of the group.



3 comments:

  1. i love these pictures. the beauty of lomography is that its not supposed to be perfect....

    This is what the lomographic society has to say about it....

    At the very base of this lie the 10 golden rules that define our philosophy and approach towards photography. Memorise them, recite them by heart, or break all the rules; whichever way, be ready to throw all your inhibitions about photography to the wind.

    Take your camera everywhere you go
    Use it any time – day and night
    Lomography is not an interference in your life, but part of it
    Try the shot from the hip
    Approach the objects of your lomographic desire as close as possible
    Don’t think (william firebrace)
    Be fast
    You don’t have to know beforehand what you captured on film
    Afterwards either
    Don’t worry about any rules

    ReplyDelete