Thursday, September 2, 2010

FEMALE

I was listening to Florence and the Machine last night and thinking about my evolving tastes in music. I used to hate female singers... which is funny to me now since it's the complete opposite. So just in case you're curious...

The Line-up of my faves:

Florence and the Machine - Newest addition. She is fantastic.
Feist - I check her website weekly to see if she is ever coming out with a new cd. She hasn't even updated her website since April. I'm pathetically obsessed but she is soooo good.
Imogen Heap - Need I say more?
Regina Spektor - Fidelity is the number 1 played song on my iTunes list.
Ingrid Michaelson - Her songs are so fun and sweet! And I love the hint of smokiness in voive.
A Fine Frenzy - I want her red hair.
Camera Obscura - It's like riding a bicycle while cuddling your teddy bear and sucking on a lollipop.
The Bird and the Bee - I don't listen to them as much but when I am in the mood, they are perfect.
La Roux - Can't help thinking of Kellie and roommate days when I listen to La Roux.
Paramore - If I need to get out some rage.
Eisley - Oldie but goody. Also, the only female vocalists I've seen in concert.
Corinne Bailey Rae - Great for when I'm cleaning the house.

I could listen to these ladies all day everyday and be perfectly content.

Oh yeah, and my first fave...

Shania Twain

Her cd was one of the first I ever owned. I would come home from school and sit in front of the entertainment center with my headphones plugged into the stereo, singing along with Shania even when my family made fun of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment