Thursday, August 12, 2010

Coraline

Has anyone seen this movie?

I know it's been out for a while, but I just barely watched it last night. I was speechless - it is such an amazing work of art.


It's the longest stop-motion movie to date. I couldn't believe my eyes at what they were able to create with stop-motion. I can't even imagine the time that was spent to create this, but it was just beautiful. They were so meticulous with the details and it was serious eye candy. The music was just as lovely - very charming and imaginative and perfectly set the mood.

After the first half of the movie, I was about to tell Jason that this will be a movie our children watch, but I realized he was asleep (12 hour shifts will do that to you). Unfortunately, the movie turned a lot darker so I had to change my mind. I was honestly creeped out so it's not for the young children. I enjoyed the first half of the movie better, but I understand why the tone had to change.

I'm still daydreaming about it all... the first scene of the movie had me swooning with the creation of the doll: thread, sewing needles, stuffing and all. Brilliant, just brilliant.


1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious. That's exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking I would want my kids to see it and then it turned into a horror flick. Don't get me wrong. I loved it. But I was a little surprised. I have it in 3D. So fun. You'd love it.

    ReplyDelete