Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ode to all things Martha

Meet my new idol. Her name is Martha Stewart and she is fabulous.


Since I'm poor, I don't buy her magazines, I just look at her website. I started looking there when I discovered her wedding section. My respect for her has been slowly building, as I see more and more of her creative genius. I wandered the aisles of Macy's and looked at all her pretty kitchen and home goods. I poured over her website for inspiration and ideas.

Now my friends, I am sold. I want to buy all of her magazines. I want to own her collection of cooking tools. I want to work for her company and design pretty things. I want to be her best friend. And really, if I'm being honest, I want to be Martha Stewart.

I'm going to share some of the pictures that I've saved from her site. What better way than to start with cupcakes?

YUM.


DOUBLE YUM. Aren't they lovely?

On her website, she has a cookie of the day. Fabulous. Today is Marshmallow Cookie Sandwich.


She sells a picnic basket set. Love. Her.

Red cast iron? Yes please.
This is not the best picture, but her cake stand is so adorable. It's on sale at Macy's but I can't bring myself to buy it because I know it will just collect dust in one of my kitchen cupboards. But someday, I will have pretty cake plates and host parties where we eat fancy cakes off of said cake plates.

Also adorable, this food chopper.

Can I please have an office like this?

Or this?

Martha taught me how to make these pillows. Pretty sure that means we're on the road to best friends.

I love yellow, and so does Martha.

And more yellow. I will have a gray and yellow room someday and it will be fabulous just like my best friend.

As much as I love bright colors, I still love rooms with neutral colors palettes. So soothing, so pretty.

Red stairs? Awesome.

More yellow. It makes me happy.

I love everything about this room.

As do I love this one. I love the unusual colors and that mirror is so fun and so girly.

Martha gave me the idea to put wallpaper in my closet. So fun!

Martha has several houses (jealous) and this is one of them. GORGEOUS.
This was her first house. So charming!
Her kitchen makes me drool. I'm liking gray more and more, and especially this gray. It's so warm and fresh. I could cook all day in here.

Dear Martha, I love you. Is it too soon?

1 comment: