Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm in!


Praise God! He has been so very good to me this past year at ASU and my prayer is that I will continue to give him glory here in Tempe. I got my acceptance email on Monday. Wohoo! THANK YOU so much, to all my friends who have been so supportive through this. My mom for listening patiently as I sob to her on the phone and for always giving me encouragement in return, my dad for never giving up on me and coming to visit even when I was buried in homework, my boss Saundra for always letting me take time off if I need to during finals and really just being an awesome boss all around, my roommates for putting up with my DISASTERS of studio work (I'm sure my mesa roommates will die happy if they never see another crescent board in their life!), Lyndee for being so dang fun and helping me to release my stress with some good laughs, and finally, to Jason for being sexy! Ok just kidding but Jason really has been my rock and faithfully gives me the daily support to get me by. During the weekend before my final, he was running back and forth to FedEx getting my projects printed out and stuffing all of my process binder into sheet protectors - all 250 pages worth! Aww! He's simply the best and I love him!

(And yes, I realize I didn't win an Oscar or anything, but I can have an acceptance speech if I darn well please!)

Dear Emily:

I am pleased to inform you that the Admissions Committee approved your advancement into the second year Visual Communication Design Professional Program, past the milestone. On the committee’s behalf, I want to congratulate and welcome you to the second year courses of the Visual Communication Design Program in the School of Design Innovation.

Continuation in the program depends upon a periodic review of your progress and performance in studio and lecture courses.

Please inform the School of your intentions to accept or decline this offer by returning the enclosed form on or before June 30, 2009; alternate arrangements will be made for your space if we do not receive an answer by that date. Your advising is handled in the Academic Advising Center located in Design South 101. Your lead advisor is Carrie Coe and she can be reached at carrie.coe@asu.edu or at 480-965-4495. The faculty looks forward to collaborating with you in an effort to deliver the best design education possible.

Very best wishes,

Michael Kroelinger
Director

2 comments:

  1. Congrats again. I had no doubts you would get in. You do amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is: DUH! Haha, just messing. But really Em, you are amazing and it only makes sense that they accept the BEST student in the program. :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete