Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Engaged!

If you read my post below about one more day til Friday, I also could add to that one more day until I get engaged! Boy oh boy it was the biggest surprise of my life!

On Friday, June 12 at approximately 5 pm, Jason Mitchell Lunt got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. While I was still at work, he told me his car broke down so I left to go pick him up in Apache Junction. To my surprise, he was hiding in my car with a mask on. He jumped out and scared me. The original plan was to catch me while I was drving, but thankfully I saw him in my car. He's pretty bummed it didn't work out as planned but I'm glad I didn't have to suffer through that (yes I used suffer in my engagement story). Once I realized it was Jason in front of me and he took off the mask, I got mad that he made me get off work early and scared me like that (still hadn't clicked). Next thing I know he's kneeling down and holding a ring. I freaked out because I was so shocked - I didn't realize he was going to propose this early or that he had even bought a ring. I calmed down enough to take the ring and it was official!

I'm wary to share these pictures because I seriously look ridiculous with my double chins and goofy expressions but ah well. He loves me and that's what matters. :)





The popcorn gallery


Celebrating afterwards with some sushi


Finally a picture where I look normal!


We're getting married!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! I am getting married too...tomorrow actually! :) Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Emily! That's so exciting! You guys are so cute together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Emily! We are so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!! Buttkiss I am so very happy for you and Jason! You are two are perfect for eachother and I am so excited that it's offical now! It makes me so happy that I was there at the beginning (spring break 08) :) I love you so much Buttkiss! Let me know if you need nay help whatsoever, I would be so happy to help you in anyway I can!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! I am so glad I got to be apart of the popcorn gallery haha, that was awesome! Oh Jason! He was so nervous and called me like 10 times that day to make sure everything was going to go perfect! I am sad we had to break up but if it for true love then ok! I love you and am so happy for you! I hope you find the perfect dress. I liked the ones you cut out on your book shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EMILY!!! I am so happy for you!!!! You deserve all the happiness in the world! Take a close up of the ring for me? My phone doesn't get picture texts. Yayyy!!!!

    ReplyDelete