Friday, June 5, 2009

Contentedness

Contentedness: adj.
Satisfied with things as they are; content

Contentedness is something I struggle with. I always could have cuter clothes, a nicer computer, a new camera, another pair of shoes... so when I read this verse in Hebrews I was definately convicted.

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5
Be content with what you have. The best part of this verse is how quickly the author points to what I do have! If I have nothing else in this world, I have Jesus Christ, my Lord, my Savior, my truest Friend. Wow, how can I not be content?

Lord,
Teach me to be content in your love. Remind me daily, hourly of how temporary all else in this world is for I so often forget this. Thank you for your promise to never leave me. Thank you for the completeness I have in you, a completeness you give freely in your perfect grace.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So true Emily! Thanks for sharing the verse and your wise words! I enjoy reading your blog - you are a good writer! Have a good weekend! Love, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Thee every Hour! muy contento

    ReplyDelete