Friday, January 30, 2009

F-R-I-D-A-Y!

Happy happy day! It's Friday! And today it means that soon I will be on my way to THATCHER! I get to see my hunny! Anticipation kills me on days like this!

To make this post a little more interesting, I'm going to spell out my Friday:

F is for five, the magical hour I'm off work, and friends, Molli and Tyler who are graciously letting me carpool with them. :) These two are definately people I don't mind being stuck in a car for 2 1/2 hours with. I know we're in for some fun!

R is for my right hand which is getting a lot more use lately. We're doing pencil writing in studio, immitating Roman and Greek style writing. Turns out my left-handed slant is backwards and it's looking like it's going to be easier to just suck it up and learn to write right-handed, under the intense critique of our professors. Yuck. So much for equal opportunities.

I is for ice cream! Jason drove by the old Lolly's store on main and saw that it's open again, I think under a new name. But we're going there on Saturday and then on to an intense game of tennis. For those who don't know, I'm about the world's worst athlete but as I warned Jason of my lack of athletic abilities and that he'd better be ready to be disappointed...I had to add in, TO LOSE! It's on!

D is for the sweet deal I got parking on campus today. I usually ride the bus because parking is so ridiculous, but today I came extra early to secure a spot in one of the $8 a day parking structures and to my surprise it's only $5! (must be for some event today or somethin) It's a small victory but one nonetheless. D is also for the yummy dinner Jason and I are planning to cook for his family. Cross your fingers for us!

A is for anxiety over the upcoming state budget cuts. The plan is cutting nearly 50% of education's budget, affecting those in kindergarten all the way up to me. It's scary to think how much tuition might be and sad to think how many more people will have to lose their jobs, and for the children denied of an accpetable education (soon we'll have the lowest funding per student in the country). But praise God that he provides assurance that no matter what, he always has a plan for me and I have his promise that he will guide me every step of the way!

Y is for YAY! It's FRIDAY!

2 comments:

  1. i too am scared for the tuition change! who knows maybe we'll get this super awesome scholarship for being cool kids that will pay for all of our tuition!!! woot woot! did you get the e-mail saying that president crow is getting a pay cut? muahahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting a pay cut?? I hadn't heard that! Good!! If we all need to cut back then he does too. I think you're onto something with that scholarship idea...yes. Who wouldn't want to give us scholarships, right??

    ReplyDelete