Thursday, August 21, 2008

The last days of summer...sigh

Does anyone want to have an end of summer party with me? Eat some watermelon and have seed-spitting contests, swing on the tire swing til we get dizzy, pick some daisies and make crowns to put in our hair, sit on the porch at dusk and listen to the crickets chirp as the sun goes down....
Ok, so maybe those are the more unrealistic summer activites that I just wish I had been doing all summer, but still! Do I really have to go back to school in 4 days? And oh, is it a scary school this time. I was walking around campus yesterday, dropping off my resume at a few offices, and wow did I ever feel small! SO many people, SO many cars, SO many huge buildings, SO many maps and directions that I don't quite understand, SO many reminders that I'm not in Thatcher anymore.
Good news though, I have been enjoying the valley the whole week I've been here. It's nice to have so many stores and places, so close. And even better news, I've avoided the mall thus far. I know right, can you believe it? I have been to Target about 3 times though...whoops. But really, I like my apartment a lot, mostly because it feels like a real house. My roommates have been nice and chill. I think it will be a good year. Of course I miss Jason like crazy...but this long distance thing isn't as bad as we imagined and thankfully he's only 2 1/2 hours away.
We went to church on Sunday to this place called Grace Community. They were doing a series on prayer and it was the last Sunday on the series so they told us they were going to do things a little differently and devote about half an hour to simply praying and spending time with God. So we prayed and sang some worship songs and it was awesome. The spirit was so strong in the building and when the prayer leader told us to start praying for the things we're thankful for, I was overwhelmed with how many blessings I have in my life. Yes, things are changing and yes, it's hard sometimes, but WOW has God given me so much in my life! It was a really humbling experience...how can I complain when there are so many blessings in my life!
So I'll end this post on the positive note...but really, anyone up for that party? I'll bring the watermelon!

1 comment:

  1. My buttkiss!!! I'll have the party with you!! Em I really miss you and it's really not the same without my girls here, I went to my lab today and it's in Rm 401!!! I was sad seeing that..my 401 girls are not with me anymore (Well Mary Anne is but no one else) Good luck with school, you are going to ROCK!!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete