Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-change

Well, Jenni yelled at me to write a new post cause she got sick of seeing HGTV... plus I'm sick of packing. So here I am... in the midst of moving. It's a big move for me this time, a whole 3 hours away. I've lived in Thatcher for 10 years now so I'm pretty attached to it. But I know that it is my time to move on to bigger and (hopefully) better things now that I've done my time at EA. I'm excited for ASU, but at the same time scared out of my mind. I've never lived in a big city and I don't think I'll be very good at it. Traffic scares me and I don't like the fast-paced lifestyle. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, but I already miss all of my friends like crazy. Even though some will be in the valley, it just won't ever be the same.
Although school is school, I'm excited that I'm finally in my major, and even better, it's something I love, so I'm looking forward to learning as much about graphic design as I can. It sucks that the program is 4 years so I'm basically starting over... but if I hadn't done 2 years at EA, I probably wouldn't have discovered how much I like graphic design. Thanks to working at CMI, I've been able to mix my love of computers with my artistic instincts. I've always been artistic, but I didn't really think it had any potential... I'm going to sound like such a nerd, but I absolutely love colors and fonts and arranging things to look appealing. It's so exciting to have found something I enjoy doing because for years I agonized over what to do, what to do. It's God's provision that I am where I am - many nights I prayed and prayed that he would lead me to the right major and that I could find something that meant more than just a classroom with a teacher and students... and praise God, he has opened the doors for me so I can pursue something I love.
CMI taught me so much. I will miss it like CRAZY! Not only did I learn a lot about graphic design, I learned how to work better with other people, share my ideas, and a lot about customer service. I learned confidence there - that I shouldn't be afraid to be good at something. I had my last day on Tuesday and it was hard. I made some many wonderful friends there - I will miss those people like crazy. And I had the best bosses, they were so chill and fun. Never again will I have a job like that... for my last day, they decorated the break room with ASU balloons and gave me an ASU started kit with a bunch of ASU memoribilia, and the best gift was a poster that Laura made. It had a cartoon girl's body holding a bunch of kites, with my head on top of the girl's body and everyone's picture inside the kites. It was so funny and it's a great way to remember everyone. Everyone was so sweet and I got choked up a few times when I first came in and then again at the end of the day when I counted down the drawer and then just stood there and looked around, taking everything in... I don't know if I can take any more goodbyes! It's all just so terribly sad!
Well I doubt that anyone has actually read this whole thing and I don't blame them! But it's been nice to mull over my current situation. Change is a'comin and there's no going back. I just gotta close my eyes.... and jump.

2 comments:

  1. BUTTKISSS!!! Of course i read it!! aww girl i will miss you sooo much! What am i going to do without you?? you are going to rock it at ASU..i'm so proud to call you my buttkiss!! just promise me that no one will take my place as your buttkiss. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah EM! I am glad you are posting again! Oh this post was very insprational! I say Amen to the moving part! I am scared too! We can do it! Change can be a good thing! I am glad you found what you want to do! I love you and can't wait to see you in Mesa!

    ReplyDelete