Thursday, July 31, 2008

Alpine, California... meet the Martins


Some big news in my life and my family's right now is that my dad just got a job in Alpine, CA as the district ranger...aka the head honcho of the office. He's pretty excited about it... of course my mom's feelings are more mixed because she's sad to move and leave all her new friends and garden behind, but we're all excited that now we'll only be about 5 hours away! Hallelujah! It's been a learning experience being so far away from my family and only getting to see them two or three times a year and learning other ways of communication, like phone and email. But God is good and he's bringing us closer together. It's so exciting to think of all the time that I can spend with them now, like 3 day weekends and Thanksgiving! And not only that, but now they're just a short way from an awesome mall (according to Lyndee, and boy would she know) and the BEACH! Hurray!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you will be closer!!!!! California is gorgeous and you get to go look at houses again...i know you like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH EMILY! I was so excited when you told me! YEAH! Ha ha yes it is an amzing mall, ha ha! I am so glad for you! THe Lord is with you and your family and things always work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! Hello my long lost friend! I'm glad I stumbled across your blog! You are still cute as ever.

    Congrats to your dad and your family for the new job and move. Sounds like it will be a fun adventure. 5 hours away--I am so jealous! I don't get to make the 12-14 hour drive to visit my family very often, but thank goodness I have grandparents and one sister really close.

    Have a good day!
    -Becca Stapley

    ReplyDelete